◆Kyoto Shimbun English version site privacy notice
- ① By accessing and using the Service, you consent to our collection and use of your information in the manner described in this Notice. If you do not agree to the terms of this Notice, do not use the Service.
- ② Regarding the geographical scope of notification, this service is operated in Japan and is intended for users located in Japan and users traveling in Japan such as Kyoto, Osaka, and Tokyo. Therefore, this service complies with the laws of Japan and is operated accordingly. If you live outside of Japan, the information you provide to us or the information we obtain as a result of your use of the Service will be collected in and transferred to Japan. In particular, we have no intention of acquiring personal information from persons located in the European Economic Area (EEA).
- ③By using this service and providing information to us, you (a) consent to the transfer and processing of information within Japan, and (b) information where the laws of Japan are lower than the laws of your area. (c) understand that we collect, transfer, store, process and disclose your information from or about you in accordance with this Notice and the laws of Japan; To do.
1. Acquisition of personal information
- We will acquire personal information by appropriate and fair means.
This website also contains links to some external sites, but they do not share personal information. We are not responsible for the collection of personal information on the linked site, so please be sure to refer to the handling of personal information on the linked site.
2. Use of personal information
- In addition to using the acquired personal information of customers for the provision of services, necessary communication with customers, improvement of services and consideration of new services, we will create content that meets customer needs. It is also used for research and analysis of the customer's service usage status for provision and advertisement distribution. From the perspective of contributing to society, we may use statistical information for reporting so that customers cannot be identified. Regardless of the purpose of use, we will consider human rights and privacy and comply with laws and internal rules. The specific contents are as follows.
<Your personal information>
- To analyze information such as the customer's browsing history and purchase history, and distribute information and advertisements related to new products and services that meet the customer's interests
- To respond to customer inquiries
- To improve service content and develop new services
- To contact you as necessary, such as maintenance and important notices
- To deal with customers who violate the terms of service
- For purposes incidental to the above purposes of use
- We will not use personal information beyond the scope necessary to achieve the original purpose of use without obtaining the consent of the person in advance. If we use personal information beyond the scope necessary to achieve the original purpose of use, we will clearly indicate the purpose of use and obtain the consent of the person in advance.
3. Security management
- We will take necessary and appropriate safety measures to prevent unauthorized access to personal information, loss, falsification and leakage of personal information. In addition, we will exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over employees and subcontractors who handle personal information.
4. Provision to third parties
- The Company will not provide personal information to third parties in Japan or overseas without obtaining the prior consent of the person concerned, except in the following cases.
- In cases based on laws and regulations (including cases based on laws and regulations related to personal information protection)
- When it is necessary to protect a person's life, body or property and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual.
- When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the sound development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual.
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local government, or a person entrusted by them in carrying out the affairs stipulated by laws and regulations, and obtaining the consent of the person concerned interferes with the execution of the affairs when there is a risk of
- When the member's personal information is provided due to the succession of business due to merger or other reasons
- The Company may outsource all or part of the handling of personal information to subcontractors to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use described in 2 above. In this case, the Company will exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over the subcontractor to ensure the safe management of personal information.
5. Purpose of use of personal information
- Each purpose of use described in "2. Use of personal information"
- Corporate name, address, name of person responsible for management of personal information
Kyoto Shimbun Co., Ltd.
Kyoto-shi Nakagyo-ku Karasuma-dori Eigawa Kitairi Shosho Imachi 239
Representative Director and President Yuji Onishi
6. Requests for Disclosure, etc. of Personal Information and Other Inquiries
- If the Company receives a request for notification of the purpose of use, disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, suspension of use, erasure, or suspension of provision to a third party of personal data that can be identified by the person who requested it, We will promptly respond after confirming that the person making the request is the person himself/herself. Based on the laws and regulations regarding the protection of personal information and the procedures prescribed by the Company.
- Please use the form below for inquiries regarding personal information in Kyoto Shimbun's digital services and procedures for requests for disclosure, etc. (Japanese version site) We will reply by the method selected by us. Please note that we charge a handling fee (500 yen (excluding tax) per case) for the disclosure of personal information.
- Purpose of use of personal information obtained upon request
Personal information obtained from inquiries, complaints, requests for disclosure, etc. to our company will be used only to the extent necessary to respond to the request, only for the purpose of confirming the identity of the person himself/herself or his/her agent. . Documents sent to us will not be returned. After completing the response, we will manage and destroy it appropriately.
7. Organizational and technical security control measures
- In order to prevent the loss, destruction, falsification, and leakage of personal information and to safely manage personal information, the Company will develop and revise regulations, and also implement organizational, human, physical, and technical safety management. We are taking appropriate measures.
We may change this policy as necessary. In that case, we will post it on our website.
Last update date: 2023 / 7 / 30